Thinking out loud...

We've had a lot of changes in the last 2 months which is going to
require us to re-think the car situation: we just had out first baby,
and I got a new job where I have quite a drive to work.  I'd been
driving my '99 Dakota and she had been driving an old Beemer
convertable.  She dosen't want the baby in the convertable, so I've
been driving that since it gets a lot better gas milage anyway.  And
when you put the car seat in the back seat of the truck, you have to
push the front seat all the way up so there's no room to put an actual
person there :)

Unfortunately, I think the truck has to go, and she thinks it would be
ok to take the money from it and get/build an old Mopar as a driver.
The requirements are: looks cool, at least a 6cyl, automatic trans,
something I can work on, and enough room to do at least some of the
things I used the truck for.  I was thinking an early A- or B-body
wagon might fit the bill.  I could probably even tow with it
occasionally.

Obviously, I'll need to upgrade it with a bunch of modern stuff: seat
belts, front disk brakes, air conditioning.  Strip all the crummy
undercoating off and POR-15 the underside.  I'd like to put fuel
injection on it to make it more reliable.  Anything else?  For the
drivetrain, I've come up with a few options: take a slant-6 or small
block and adapt fuel injection to it, or get the motor/trans out of a
Magnum V6 or V8 truck.

I'm still in the brainstorming stage, so... what do you all think :)

-- Tony  tony@xxxxxxxxxx
'64 Dodge 440
'65 Dart GT