Old Reliable 440

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple application
for mortgage information. If you're ready to get a quote click
now!
caacneLb7yoMza/411Web

Yesterday  Greg Bolt from Campbellford was here with his 66 Belevedere post car. He put a 440 in it based on the Old Reliable engine . L2355F pistons stock crank with stock rods and good rod bolts , full grooved mains etc (hemi pickup, windage tray deeper pan . It has the ST-H-42 Racer Brown cam in it. (hydraulic similar specs to 426 Max Wedge solid but "far" more area under the curve.) He has a set of the Edelbrock heads on it with an Edelbrock Performer RPM and a 870 Street Avenger Holley carb. Hooker Headers and a 3800 converter with 410 gears finich out the package. We went for a blast in it. Very streetable , a bit loud with the 3 inch exhaust (X pipe and hooker mufflers) but not enough to get a ticket with. This is a wonderful street engine. Power is mindblowing , it revs with ease. runs at normal temp and is a ball to drive.  He said with the aluminum heads he was able to run the advance as high a 38 total. (Sunoco 94)
I don't know what the HP is but it is more than enough to say the least. I was impressed. It would be a great piece for one of our 62to65 Mopars as well.
It is about 40 miles from his place to mine so you get an idea how streetable it is.
How good is it. I think he could whip mine. We didn't try it but it was impressive.
He says (and I agree) The Racer Brown ST-H-42 is the key. It is a cam I believe has no equal so far.
Don

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caaciqSb7yoMzf/Children's Int'l

----

b7yoMz.