Converters,

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caaclxSb7yoMza/OmahaSteaks

A 10 inch converter will not work properly with that much engine. first to make a ten inch converter come up with that much stall you have to make it very loose and inefficient. That makes for a converter that has the charcterisic we all hate in a converter , that big windup everytime you pull away from a stop light as well it slips constantly some as high a 10%. Most of us have been there and some still are. A smaller converter like a 9 inch gives hi stall whe needed because the motor can overdirve it when necessary (Hi stall brake launch. but will drive absolutely normal (you won't even know you have a converter in the car except that it will allow the engine to idle with the big cam etc)
There is for me only one supplier I now use. Frank Lupo's Dynamic Converters.
 The 9 inch is also 3 to 4 tenths quicker in the quarter and finish line RPM is often 2-3mph higher despite thefact that finish line Rpm is often a couple of hundred RPM lower. (This is becuase the converter is very efficient and doesn't slip like the 10" (also runs cooler for the same reason)
There is little perfomance than can be had easier than what one gets from one of Franks converters. I think many other son the list will second that.
There is a place for the 10" converter. A mild engine with a mild cam (under 230 @ 050 would be fine with a ,ild 10 inch.
In the old days we used 340 converters behind our mild street  bigblocks with great success.
Don

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
caaciq1b7yoMzf/UOP

----

b7yoMz.