[59plymouth] * 59' Sport Fury for sale.

*
Hi.

Cosmic Happenings?

As some of you know, I have several 59' Plymouths (2 Savoys, 1 - 4 Door Fury, 1 Suburban Station Wagon). But, like most of you, I have always wanted a Sport Fury.  Several weeks ago, I received a 2nd Chance eBay offer from a man in Florida on a red / white Sport Fury that I had bid on.  The high bidder for his car had flaked out.  I agreed to purchase it.   The seller offered to trailer it to my home in Los Angeles, Calif.  He was due to leave tomorrow (11/15).

Last night, I received an e-mail message on another 59' S. Fury I had bid on that was in Arizona.  The buyer in that transaction had also flaked out, so the seller offered it to me.

I am not a wealthy man (just car crazy!) so I had to make a choice - I couldn't take both.  Even though I preferred the looks of the red / white car in Florida, I felt the (white) one in Arizona was a better choice for me.

Anyway, the reason for my writing to all of you is to let you know that the Florida car is available now.  I felt VERY bad for the very nice guy who was going to sell me his 59' (he has 6 Sport Furys in all!).  I called him a little while ago and was honest with him.  I told him why I decided to take the Arizona car and also told him that I would let everyone on the 59' list know about his Sport Fury.

If you are interested, he is asking $15,000. for it - which seems to be a very fair price.  The car appears to be in good physical shape HOWEVER, he told me that it has a "vibration" problem which he has not been able to figure out.

Feel free to contact me and I will be happy to put you in touch with him.  I felt that all of you should know about this offer before he re-lists it on eBay.

Alex Lehr

*