{Chrysler 300} 1966 300 brakes and PS...

{Chrysler 300} 1966 300 brakes and PS...

First of all thank you to everyone who has responded to my messages about the 62 Sport, and this 66 300 TNT that I have been working on. This club and the support it offers is an incredible resource. Every time I send a message I get a lot of incredible information. Hopefully soon I get this 66 done and I can stop with all the questions. I had asked earlier about brake pads for it, and was able to get a hold of a set. Now I am trying to make the calipers correct which is tricky. I am working on this car for a friend, it is not mine. The calipers are sticking so they need rebuilt or replaced but these fixed mount 4 piston calipers just do not seem to exist anywhere. Cardone lists them as part number 18-4479 and 18-4480 but they are not obtainable. This car is pretty rough exterior wise but it is low miles, runs well, completely original, and complete. So we are trying to make it a good running car, with minimal investment since it will be hard to justify. I am hoping to find a set of good calipers, or worst case rebuild parts. Any info would be greatly appreciated. If I can not come up with anything I guess we will have to look at doing the swap that Dan Reitz and Caroll Ripley suggested. Its looking like that is what I will have to do, but that will take more time and cost than I would like to get into.

I currently need to find a power steering pump for this car also. Napa shows one but it is not correct. The return line is smaller and in a different location and the shaft looks to be different. I would rather not get into rebuilding this one, does any one know anywhere to get one?

--

photo

Drew Carl
Owner, eScore

Phone: 724-288-6636

Email: Drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: www.escoremx.com

Address: 523 Westland Rd. Hickory PA 15340

---