Re: {Chrysler 300} Spark Plugs NKG XR5

The last set of these plugs (Iridium variety) that I bought were factory-gapped at .040

Keith

On Oct 1, 2024, at 2:20 PM, 'Ron Waters' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

James –

How many miles on these plugs ? If the car is running a bit rough, then it could be due to the gap being a bit off.

However, if it were me I would just go with fresh plugs. Be sure to verify the gap before installation. Sometimes out of the box, the gap is way off. Ask me how I know this.

Ron

From: 'James Douglas' via Chrysler 300 Club International
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2024 12:43 PM
To: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Spark Plugs NKG XR5

About 24 months back we had a long exchange on the subject of spark plugs.

The 300K has been idling a little off lately and sometimes feeling like it is dropping a cylinder. I pulled the spark plugs for the first time in 24 months, and they did not look all that good. I had noted that the idle felt better after a freeway run.

I have had people following me up and down some big hills on the highway and asked them to note if there was any blow by on hard acceleration or speeding up and them pulling out (high vacuum) going downhill. Nothing in either case. No noticeable blowby or suck by on the engine.

You can see the photos of the plugs.  I suspect that I may need to go one more step hotter as these are not burning off.

Take a look at the photos and tell me what you think.

James

---

---

---