Re: {Chrysler 300} 1964 Ram 300K cleaner air package air cleaner

I owned a 300 G with a factory PCV system. No draft tube.

Get Outlook for Android

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of ROBERT HAAG <scooter465@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2024 3:07:11 PM
To: Nick Taylor <nicksgaragesd@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 1964 Ram 300K cleaner air package air cleaner

1970 they went to new style oil filler cap.
I have seen a lot of
1969 Mopes with the oil
Breather tube going to
Air filter horn.
Bob Haag

On Jul 17, 2024, at 3:43 PM, Nick Taylor <nicksgaragesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

Later cars that used a grommet for the PCV and the breather, and a separate twist-in oil filler cap. I would have to look up when the change was. I know my '68 383 Barracuda still has the stand pipes for the PCV and oil filler/breather. It may have been a change in 1969 or 1970. I know it was changed by 1971. And those breather caps can have multiple nipples for sucking in air.

I assume since they are sucking air into the engine on the breather that they are trying to keep it from sucking in dirt or moisture?

Nick