Re: {Chrysler 300} 61 starter recommdations

Re: {Chrysler 300} 61 starter recommdations

I recently read a booklet on hard starting and it emphasized not to overlook the ground from the battery to the block near the starter motor. The circuit is only as good as the weakest link, which is often the ground. Going up on the gauge (lower number) is something to consider at both poles.  Car manufacturers use cables in miles of length and I suspect they go as small a gauge as they can to save costs.

I added a 00 gauge ground cable to a car from the battery in the trunk, all the way up to the engine block. It made a big difference.  But any improvement in grounding has to be worthwhile.  Then I upgraded the battery grounds in a couple of 6 Volt Hemi cars and they seem happier too.

Chuck