From: 'James Douglas' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2024 2:35 PM
To: Chrysler 300 List Server (chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Torsion Bars 1964

The single four 300K sway bars in 1964 are the 610 and 611 bars. A club member donated to me a set of these. I sandblasted them and cleaned off the residue with the wire wheel.

Before painting them, I did a measurement of their diameter 4 inches in from each end and in the middle.

Attached is a photo of what I got. Interesting in that they are NOT the same diameter going down their length and also not the same side to side.

The AMA specification page for 1964 shows the 610 and 611 bars as being 40 inch and 0.990 in diameter and a 125 pound spring rate. It is also well known that as little as 0.002 changes the spring rate.

Take a look at the photos of what I measured. It is interesting.

James

---

---