{Chrysler 300} Mike Burke , and Linda

Many of our friends have already posted much  about Mike , and all true . A real character , somewhat a cynic like myself (!) we just connected instantly on that level .
But what I remember most was the bright smile from Linda and Mike at what must have been the first meet I went to , I think with the drive on Chrysler test track ? And Jefferson tour . My wife Bonnie was with me ( rip too ), a  lot of real fun . Simpler days…

Anyway there was much controversy in the early days about originality , Gil holding that flag high , while I was in the middle of trying to get a  727 into my F , pre Don V .

And Michael with a yellow F ! Yellow ? I am not sure how that shook out, re  original , but related  I was in love with the sand colored F convert from Pa. Perfect car , best one at meets  ,  paper mats on floor . really perfect . The owner was extremely upset when told not original , points deducted in concours off best car there . He showed me places like under hood heater parts beige . If not original i don’t  know who could have done all that to change it that early .  To me much ado about nothing . To each his own . I have my jug of original battery acid and washer fluid at the ready .
But I remember Mike being Mike , in the middle of that , just smiling and Linda  too , hey we are here for fun . And maybe memory has merged some  meets …
Maybe the yellow meant a sunny , happy , low stress place … it did to me , back then
I’ll miss him , larger than life .
We are all with you Linda, and I  hope to see you again soon..,
Thanks for all the happiness you both brought to all of our gatherings,
John G

Sent from my iPhone

---