Re: {Chrysler 300} Converter Stall Speed

Re: {Chrysler 300} Converter Stall Speed

Yes, the Hemi had an 8 bolt flange on the crank. It was the same stroke as used in a 413/426 wedge/440 so there were a few Hemi engine cars running around our area with 440 cranks that were rebalanced to use in the Hemi. The 440 cranks were easier to find and a bunch cheaper, even back then.

So the flex plate was different on the Hemi cars. IIRC, the Hemi cars used a larger convertor bolt that was the same as the crank flange bolt.

I can remember a lot of this  stuff from so many years  ago,  but don't ask me what I had for lunch.  LOL!