Re: {Chrysler 300} Max Wheel Size

while on this , does anyone have an opinion or “ feel” about how much space is REALLY needed in back between sidewall and edge of leaf spring ? there is a binding strap around the  springs ( on F ) that aligns with sidewall .

 I have a modified F with 17” inch wheels -the way to go in 2023 if you want really good tires instead of pretty ones— ( it’s where R and D is active ) —- after carefully optimizing backspacing , custom wheels , and actually moving springs inwards about 3/4” with one of those drag race spring re location kits , the tire wall is about 3/8” from the spring .
This bothers me , as maybe tire moves inward more than that in a hard corner . = disaster .
I am thinking ? remove clamp and toss it ,that might gain 1/4” —  maybe there mostly to hold spring together till clamped , and many leaf springs have no strap clamps at all . Spring leaf cannot move sideways once clamped by 4 torqued axle   mount bolts ??? But i respect factory engineers  , often a reason that is not obvious may be there ?
thoughts ?
maybe 5/8” still too tight ?
Have never seen this addressed . The hit on oversize tires is not just the wheel well ..
John G

Sent from my iPhone