RE: {Chrysler 300} Searching for 1962 300 Black door panels.

RE: {Chrysler 300} Searching for 1962 300 Black door panels.

When I did the restorations on the 1964 300K Coupe and Convertible in the 1980’s what I did was to purchase new door panel material from RS&S.

I cut and built new panels and transferred the steel upper parts to the new panel. I then used a razor and removed the embossed – mylar section and carefully lifted it off of the old panel. We reupholstered the new panel and then placed the old center section over it. The stainless trim, at least for 1964, then hid the seam.

I do not know if such a procedure would work on a ’62 or not.

The front panels on the new ’64 will need to be rebuilt. The rears look ok. So, I will be doing my 3rd set of front panels sometime in the next year two decades or more after the first two sets.

James