{Chrysler 300} Driving Experiences with less than a 3.23 ring and pinion

{Chrysler 300} Driving Experiences with less than a 3.23 ring and pinion ratio

Hi All,

I am thinking of changing out the 3.23 rear end on the 1964 300K.

I would appreciate any driving experiences by folks that may have a 300 with a 413 and auto that has the 2.76 or 2.93. Since this car is going to be a daily driver and I regularly drive it from San Francisco to our place out of town, 160 miles round trip, and we will use it in the next year for a cross country trip….

…I am thinking about gas milage….

Any comments would be appreciated on driving through the mountains with the low gears and on general acceleration like on freeway on ramps and the like.

Thanks, James

---