Re: {Chrysler 300} 300 F Comp Cams Camshaft Timing Data

Re: {Chrysler 300} 300 F Comp Cams Camshaft Timing Data

Rick:

Mid range torque is amazing, never needing to downshift to pass. I can't address the question about today's gasoline, as my engine is about 1/2 point higher than stock compression, but I will tell you this, make sure you verify TDC on the front crank damper with a "piston stop tool". My original factory damper is showing 5°too far advanced, ie, when the timing mark was at 5°BTDC, the actual engine was at 10° BTDC, meaning I was running too much advance. This was most probably due to the outer ring of the damper moving as the rubber aged over the years, or an inaccurate "punch" line when it was manufactured.

Dyke Ridgley
Ridgley Racing
5500 Walmsley Rd
Decatur, IL 62521