Re: {Chrysler 300} 300F and G Air Cleaner Decals

I'm sure the decal placement at the air cleaner factory (Fram generally but not sure for these air cleaners) varied from air cleaner to air cleaner, but generally in the same area. I've looked at lots of period pictures of these engines and the main thing to look at is the location of the decal in relation to the wing nuts on the air cleaner. Seems that road testers liked to pull the air cleaners off and they didn't always make it back in the correct orientation on the engine, regardless of the guide plates underneath. The ones on my 300F have been repainted and decals weren't reapplied. I have a set of original air cleaners from an F I parted out in the 1980s but it's hard to tell where the decals are on both of them. I think I can see a ghost of where it was on one of them.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 8:47 AM Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well Danny, all 300G engine compartment “period photos” are not the same.  The sticker has been shown to be in two different positions, depending on when the period photo was taken.  In the attached photos, one is the pre-production factory picture where the sticker is as shown on your car, and the other is my scan of the Motor Life April ’61 article (also submitted by John Guarneri in an earlier email), The sticker moved to the right (as viewed from the front).  So, either is “correct” based on when built.  Also note the heater hose positions are different as well.

Bob J

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2022 8:05 AM
To: ridgleyracing65 <ridgleyracing65@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: {Chrysler 300} 300F and G Air Cleaner Decals

Attached is a photo of the engine room of my F coupe. Note the air filters and stickers are oriented exactly the way Don Verity put them when he had my car for service some two years ago. Period photos confirm that best as we can tell this is the correct placement of filter housing and sticker. The drivers side filter sticker is present but faces the firewall.

Danny Plotkin