RE: {Chrysler 300} 1961 300G For Sale

Also any idea what he wants for it thanks barry

Sent from the all new AOL app for Android

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 9:20 AM, Dan Plotkin
<dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is a nice car. Any idea what he wants for the complete G?

Danny Plotkin

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of kurt.brueske
Sent: Sunday, November 6, 2022 9:57 PM
To: Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} 1961 300G For Sale

Club Members -

I found the following 300G for sale today in rural Abie, NE (population 69) about an hours drive west of Omaha NE.

According to the current owner, he originally saw the car peeking out of a garage in Schuyler NE about 34 years ago and the owner eventually agreed to sell him the car.  He has owned the 300G about 4 year and has done considerable mechanical work including engine, transmission and brake rebuild.

I spent several hours reviewing the car and while it has many needs, it is very complete with lots of originality including most of the paint and interior.  The car started with a few pumps of the gas pedal and we took it for a spirited drive.  It drove very straight with now vibration and was surprisingly quiet at speed.

Some observations:

- Engine was very quiet under the hood...little if any clatter from solid lifters

- Engine appears to be original with R 41 HP 1-10 block stamp (build date of 0117 on data plate), correct 2903S carburetors, complete dash pot choke assemblies, throttle linkage, exhaust manifolds

- Original dual-point distributor with mechanical tachometer drive (disconnected)

- Radiator is not original

- Complete "Jiffy Jet" windshield washer system (minus bag)

- Original A/C car although I don't believe the compressor is correct, original expansion valve, not sure if it works but everything is there

- Interior is largely original although the carpeting and rear window package tray appears to have been replaced

- All gauges (minus tachometer) work, there is an auxillary oil pressure gauge mounted below the dash, radio and clock don't work

- Power windows all work, power seats work

- Much of the paint appears to be original with touch up work done on most every panel

- Windshield it cracked, all glass appears to be original and in relatively good condition

- Headliner is very nice

- Seats, while patinated, aren't fossilized

- Typical rust but rocker panels and trunk flood are very solid

The owner has a second 300G in a storage garage minus the engine and transmission (could make for a nice parts car...good panels including fenders, from South Dakota).

I've placed pictures and several movies at:

If you're interested, send me a note and I'll connect you with the owner.

Thanks,

Kurt

---

---