Re: {Chrysler 300} 300G tie downs

Watch out that straps on rear axle do not touch gas tank , or exhaust , — after tightening car down  . Learned hard way   , you look ok , but after tightening it can touch and rub constantly = hole/ damage . Depends of course on angle to trailer rings etc
The point made by Mac’s about keeping them straight at rear , not crossed , car nose in , seems absolutely correct to me .

 The cheap orange flat straps you commonly see will suddenly tear , end goes flying 1000 mph . Beware . Not strong enough to tow With . I had two in a row , the 1000 mph included the middle metal buckle. ( stuck car ) . I would not trust as tie downs in an accident . Chains are # 1

Sent from my iPhone