Re: {Chrysler 300} ohmmeter reading

Hi Henry , That should read . Around 30-40 000 ohms max . For carbon thread OEM type . Much lower for spiral wrap type high quality rfi wires. 40 000 or less will not hurt spark intensity .
But digital meters are a huge PIA , trying to run right or interpret weird readings  caused by digital sampling intervals and automatic moving of decimal point . You cannot tell a trend like charging circuit behavior . But they are very accurate if a voltage is constant . I do not use them . Confused me once too often . If really into a good meter , get a Triplett 630 used on ebay …

forget the continuity setting — that is a low ohms tester for electricians “ringing “ out wires .  Probably under 100 ohms — your wires  are way more . Called ringing as they used a door bell and a battery way back , only rang under maybe 10 ohms…. Like couple hundred feet of solid copper wire.

Too complicated to go into here , but buy a simple 20$ analog meter at lowes . You may have to stick paper clips or needles 1/2” into center of ends of carbon thread type wires to make contact . I do that , paler clip , when making up new ends , prevent intermittents , then fold it back under the brass crimp , cut off You really need right tool and ends that match to do that right . Can’t be done right with pliers . Hope this helps,
J g

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2022, at 2:36 PM, Henry A. Mitchell III <hamlll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can anyone tell me why I can’t get an ohms resistance reading from my ohmmeter when testing my brand new resistor spark plug wires, not even the ol’ continuity beep? Yes, I turned the ohmmeter on and tried all the meter ohms settings.

Henry A. Mitchell

        300C

Avast logo

---