RE: {Chrysler 300} Bleeding 300C brakes— adding fluid

RE: {Chrysler 300} Bleeding 300C brakes— adding fluid

Looking at the prices put me off (scam alert).  I use this vacuum pump if my wife is not around to pump the brakes (or if I want to avoid an argument).  https://www.catch.com.au/product/5-pcs-2-in-1-hand-held-vacuum-tester-pump-brake-bleeder-test-tuner-kit-6041961/?offer_id=29915085&ref=gmc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_ITarNvc9wIVjAkrCh1xoQt_EAQYAyABEgIMDfD_BwE

Works like a charm drawing the fluid through.  Most of the time you spend working on your brakes will be flushing out old brake fluid, not filling empty lines.  This tool is also very good of this job and the level of fluid in the plastic bottle can be used as a guide as to when to stop before running the master cylinder dry.  Reverse flushing dirty brake fluid sounds like a good way of filling the master cylinder with crud.  I have also used it for testing vacuum canisters and distributor vacuum advance calibration.

I have followed typical manufacturer’s recommendations for flushing brake fluid every two years or so to prevent corrosion – so I have done this a few times.  Its not a fun job, but its not hard it you can still crawl under your car and shouldn’t take more than an hour.

I just had to rebuild my wife’s Mustang front callipers with new pistons and seals because of the previous owner’s neglect.  Spent $250 just in parts that would have been avoided with regular flushes that usually cost me $20 in fluid.

Just my opinion and experience.  Cheers

Henry