From: "'Richard Osborne' via Chrysler 300 Club International" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2022 9:39pm
To: "'Keith Langendorfer' via Chrysler 300 Club International" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Cams

Hello,
Since there has been a lot of discussion related to a cam for a different year, I am trying a new email thread and attempting pictures for the first time to the group.
I have the top end of my G engine apart. I had a bad exhaust leak and wanted to detail some things by taking the intakes were off. While apart, I wanted to look at the cam as I have never run zinc. The engine was assembled 20 years ago, using a Mopar Performance Cam P4452783 (6 pack specs which were close to the original cam specs). I degreed and retarded the cam per factory specs….
If the pictures come thru, the discoloration can be seen on some of the lobes. You cannot, however, feel any roughness or anything other than very smooth, even with finger nail. The lifters all still spin on the lobes also
I am thinking since I am in this deep, I should replace the cam. Unfortunately, this cam has been discontinued and the replacement seems to be intergalactic backorder. I would consider a Comp Cams, but the specs are different. I’d like a lope to the engine, but when possible, I do drive this quite a bit around town and don’t have time to be changing plugs frequently, so I don’t want to go too large.
My question is for those who have a lot of experience with cams and rebuilds. What are your thoughts on these discolorations on the lobes and simply keeping this cam in the engine?
Best regards,
Richard Osborne
(Currently stuck in San Jose due to multiple cancelled flights….)

---

---