{Chrysler 300} Rating businesses etc

Folks,  Very recently the idea of rating businesses on how their service went has reared its head.  Perhaps those with a better memory on this than mine will weigh in with what they recall, but we as a club have done this in the past.  Now, how FAR past is a sticking point.  AS I RECALL, it ran fine for a year or two and then was to be terminated.  Those getting high marks were happy.  Some  rated low (and I provided at least one rating that was LOW!) apparently threatened action and the rating system was removed from our site.  I will also add that some would have excellent service by the Widget Co, and then someone else would have an experience that they would post "NOT EVER AGAIN! " for the same company.  That is at times understandable being an action between humans.  At the time I found the ratings system helpful.  Come on you older members--what details have I messed up with here?  No doubt I am off in details, but am sure that the overarching intent is correct.  I hate reinventing the wheel every so often because of not recalling previous efforts and the attendant problems.  My take at least.
Tim Tomlinson

---