{Chrysler 300} Wipers 300G

A while back coming home from a show, I was caught in a short shower.  I turned on the wipers and they worked fine and parked when shut off.  Then I turn them on once more and they stopped 1/4 way up.  Thinking it was the motor, I took it out and sent it away.  They replaced the mechanical nylon cam switch and checked out the motor.  Upon mounting the motor and connecting back the linkage, I turned it on (I had removed the wipers) the motor went right into park and shut down and a thumping noise came on about every 10 seconds or so.  Turning the switch off and then on, all I heard again was a  thumping sound for a couple of seconds then nothing then about 10 seconds another thumping sound, again no motor movement.

While the motor was still mounted I took off the cam switch cover, moved the switch and with the cover still off, turned on the wiper switch, the motor ran great (both slow and fast).  After replacing the cover and turning on the wiper switch again it ran about 5 seconds and went right into park and started the thumping sequence again. Then I took a 12v test light to the cam switch and when the thump sounded, the light lit up for a second or so and continued to turn on/off with each thumping sound.

I disconnected the two connectors to the motor and put a volt meter to each connection coming from the wiper switch, turned on the wiper switch, both connections were showing 12v.  When I turned off the wiper switch, zero volts.

Could this be a wiper switch issue because I cannot figure out why with the cam switch cover off and I move the cam, the motor runs, but after I put the cover on, the motor runs again for a few seconds and goes right into park. (Motor seems to be grounded well.)

If a switch issue, anyone know where I can get a replacement?  If not, open to ideas.

Thanks....John

---