From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 9:35 AM
To: dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: c300@xxxxxxx; chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: {Chrysler 300} Original Mopar Alternator 2095191 2098830 48-62

     I'm often amazed by the amount of misinformation that is distributed in print about our older cars.  Numerous times during the 57 years that I've been driving my '65 Barracuda I've read statements that the 35 amp original alternator was produced by Leece-Neville.  The recent comments posted here in this thread have caused me to doubt the accuracy of those statements, so this morning I decided to research some of my Chrysler Corp. technical manuals to resolve the question in my mind of who really made those alternators.
     According to my Chrysler Motors Corporation, Parts Division, "Chrysler Parts MASTER PARTS PRICE LIST" 1964 I now believe I have been previously misinformed.  The manual states "Higher Ampere Leece-Neville Alternators and Alternator Regulators are used on some 1964 Vehicles. Chrysler Parts do not stock Complete replacement Assemblies or repair parts for Leece-Neville Units".
     So, now maybe most of the mystery is solved for me. Certainly the 35 amp unit cannot be considered "higher amp", so mine must be Lester. I had previously noted that I never noticed "LESTER" markings on any of my numerous old alternators.  I checked one of them and discovered it does in fact have LESTER.  The one on my car has the MOPAR forward look logo and one on the shelf in my parts room has the DPCD old logo and also a cast clock-like marking with 64 in the center of it.  I got one years ago from a '64 Plymouth and this one is likely it.

-----------Marshall Goodknight

Please note: message attached