Re: {Chrysler 300} 300 K Bendix booster

14 inches of vacuum is more than enough to run the power brakes. When I had the big cam in my old L (.474 lift} I barely made 7 or 8 in gear. The power brakes worked just fine. No PB system in going to require 19 inches just to work. Most cars don't idle in gear with that much. Cruise speed with a mild cam and light throttle may get you 20 or so. As soon as you give it any gas, it's going to drop. Your rebuilder is full of it.
Don

Need some input. I had my Bendix brake booster rebuilt and upon my recent maiden voyage, I didn’t feel any power assist on the brakes.

What vacuum level should I expect on my 360HP 300K? The gauge is showing 14 and it dropped when I applied the brakes. All new vac lines and all new brake system. With the worn cam chain, I pulled 140-150 compression when I first got the car.

I took the booster back to the rebuilder today, this for the third and he showed me it was holding  vacuum at 25 on his bench. He tells me I need 19 for the booster to work!

Joy, rapture! Any experiences to share?

With the K cam, is 14 typical? It’s in the normal green zone! If this is too low, now thinking through this, I fear that when I had my damper rebuilt at the cam chain process, they may have gotten the TDC mark off.

---

---