Re: [Chrysler300] POWER STEERING PUMP LEAK
From: kmaniak@xxxxxxx  Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:51:49 -0400 (EDT)
I just had 3 power steering pumps and 2 power brake boosters rebuilt by Power Brake Exchange of San Jose, California. The prices are reasonable and they rebuild and return your old unit. Here is a link to their web site:
http://pwrbrake.com/
Chris - the K MANIAC

Are you sure it is not the shaft seal, behind the pulley, that is leaking? If your canister is bent, warped, kinked or has deep scratches in any way the O ring will have a tough time sealing that area. I'd check and be sure that the seal on the pump shaft is not the culprit. Dave Schwandt

[Chrysler300] Power steering pump rebuild, CarQuest kit

Recently overhauled the power steering pump for my the '67 i'm helping my buddy sell, so far w/no luck. It's a 67 w/440. Anyway, was suprised to find under the crud, it had been leaking badly, no evidence of black paint on the canister or cap and what looked like to be a greenish gray paint on the bracketry. Sure looked for all the world to be as original. The car is a one owner and has never had the P/S pump messed with so says the owner. I used a CarQuest kit, #PSH 35140, still available for the repair. It includes all new seals, o-rings, washer & gasket. Buttoned it up and she is dry as an Arkansas Sunday Morning. Dave Schwandt.

You can also try the following sources -
  1. Jeff Carter - JC Auto - www.jcauto@xxxxxxxxxx; Phone (425) 672-8324  (Washington state)
  2. Murray Park - mbpark@xxxxxxxxxxx    (Ohio)
  3. John Fowlie at Big M Automotive - www.bigmauto.com; Phone (530) 473-2225   (California)
A general suggestion that may help out with some of your questions, Toward the end of each Club email, we include a link to our archived prior emails. You can type in your search topic and related emails on your topic will appear -

Hope this helps!
Noel Hastalis