From: John Grady
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 8:42 AM
To: Vannice, M Albert; Chrysler 300 Club International
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 1959 300E deck lid lock cylinder

While purists may screech, last two F I did I put a remote pull cable on the trunk latch, nice handle next to passenger side rear seat ,See "Control Cables" california,nice stuff. Found them while trying to improve the hood pull cable problem. (it  breaks off at pull tee and at the brass thing with screw. ) Later worked out that you can fix the stock hood pull by shortening the tee, drill into the end and solder in a new wire , use new wire from 10$ manual choke cable, 6 foot one. The usual one is too short.

While no one mentioned it, so far,  just hiding the key on the car fixes this.It happens to everybody, especially newer Mopar that some idiot decided should lock itself at 10 mph. You get out the driver's door, carrying something . get to other side to put it in and it is still locked (?at times) causes confusion you lock yourself out of car with keys in lock , or in your pocket something hits lock button.

A few times I had that stock 300 trunk setup not release . forget why, right now, but not exactly a quality tolerance deal there. I like that idea of a long rod with a suitable end. A slot with a ring around it might grab the tip of flat bar that turns too! But that might still be locked. Great thinking, pop the clip .

. As I was doing that trunk panel area anyway due to lip  rust , I also got rid of key cylinder / lock thing completely , filled it in. I always thought it looked ugly there anyway on F ,an afterthought. ...it can be readily forced too with  a big screwdriver.

Just info, not advocating...