Re: {Chrysler 300} Montana house listing that mentions 300F

Re: {Chrysler 300} Montana house listing that mentions 300F

Oh no! Very sad to hear of Tom's passing.

I hadn't seen that Tom passed last year. He was a true gentleman, philanthropist and a dyed-in-the-wool car guy. His Montana home, cited in Nick's link, was built on a mountain over a former missile silo in which he garaged his collection. Rob Kern had the rare privilege of visiting Tom's collection a few years ago, and can perhaps offer added commentary.

Facing a major health issue over the past few years, Tom started auctioning off some of his beauties. John Begian, Mark Obermann and I last visited with Tom at the Labor Day 2017 Auburn auction, where he sold 7 cars - triple yellow '58 Buick Limited convertible, '58 Ford Ranchero, '60 Mercury Park Lane convertible, '65 Rambler Ambassador 990 convertible, '56 Lincoln Premiere convertible, '56 Mercury Montclair convertible, and his daughter's daily driver beautiful Royal Ruby with red interior '64 300-K factory ram with a/c convertible. In the evening, as the auction had ended and we were chatting with Tom before heading out, I invited him to our Spring May '18 Rohnert Park Meet. Tom said he'd love to come, but mentioned the snows there would likely not have melted by then, for him to bring any of his cars down the mountain.

And shortly thereafter, he auctioned 15 more of his cars at Mecum's May '18 Indy auction. Here are the links to the Chryslers Tom sold there. Prices quoted include the 10% buyer's commission. You can see the mountain snows in the background of each of these -
Noel