Re: {Chrysler 300} Bud Faubel Article

Who wrote this message?  It would be kinda nice to know who posts each e-mail to the Clubs' e-mail site.

Dan Reitz
In a message dated 2/19/2021 9:33:14 PM Pacific Standard Time, chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Unfortunately Bud Faubel’s recollections are not historically accurate and this is not the only case. The “Big Red” 1962 car was not at Daytona in 1961, it wasn’t built yet. It was indeed at Daytona in 1962 - I personally know who drove it there for Bud - but it was never on the sand because the Flying/Standing Mile events were no longer.

NASCAR records and period event coverage confirm Bud’s 156+mph Flying Mile one-way run and 90.7 Standing Start Mile (average speed over a mile) record run were in the white 300-G. We have photos, a VIN, and a car.

> On Feb 19, 2021, at 7:24 PM, 'AWRDOC' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi To All,
>
> I had the privilege and honor to interview Bud Faubel for the attached article prior to his death.
>
> He said that he still owes Chrysler a dollar for “Big Red”.
>
> Tony Rinaldi
>
> --
> For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
> ---