Re: {Chrysler 300} 300c engine location and e brake

Re: {Chrysler 300} 300c engine location and e brake

Thanks for reply , Lynne !
actually , all “90 degree cross”  u joints need the two shafts being joined to be parallel . Not in line at all or pointed at each other,  just parallel in both planes . How they work . Someone at Chrysler may have made a calculation that x degrees wrong is not too bad ( it happens now  — a few degrees in the horizontal plane on our cars when axle nose twists on springs due to car weight (ride height ) or heavy throttle ,  why the required shimming at spring U bolts to a certain median angle( sometimes forgotten too) .
And —-??  why not do it right , side to side ? no problems or interference at all that I can see yet ? Possibly passenger head pipe .
I bet they did it right but so easy to get wrong by wrong parts or wrong assembly that the last two cars I worked on for sure had it all wrong .   I am thinking get it right by redrilling cross  member trans mount bolts once it is in right way around , if need be.

How much space between tie rod and pan on yours ? fan clutch and radiator ?

I love desotos, once had a 57 adventurer i sold . Big mistake from 2020 visage !! what year is yours?  Also helped a friend long ago convert a 56 adventurer from ? powerflite ? to a  stick   and built up the motor too . It was surprisingly   fast once rolling.  If I remember right was factory hydraulic lifters — not solids like 300 . We converted it with adjustable push rods . Trying to adjust hot per instructions on a hemi was beyond brutal .   I remember that ...

Sent from my iPhone not by choice