Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 Heater Cable Retaining Clip

Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 Heater Cable Retaining Clip

A piece of shaped sheet metal and screw can be adapted too . Those snap on clips can allow cable sheath to slip ; when used on heater I tied cable in addition with stainless lock wire , and at times made a homemade screw clamp adaption  . A big hassle to get to and how do you fix it if sheath slides . And it does . Why 75 w on slide wire hung vertically helps while apart.

I had a corvair Corsa convert at one point , must be 5 long push wires to back for heater etc . Often sheath slid under clip when they get hard to move , and /or little formed wire eye at dash  end breaks off . Fixed broken off  by soldering on electrical eyelet made for crimp ( heavy , made to put #12 wire on 6/32) , and then had to make screw type clamp ( and lube cables ) . Carried that to 300 when needed .

Could finally shut off corvair heater . What junk corvairs are , stories for another day . But cool design / look .

Sent from my iPhone not by choice

> On 27 Sep 2020, at 8:33 am, finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Any auto parts store worth their salt should have them.
>
> Many Cub Cadet garden tractors have 2 of them on the throttle and choke cables.
>
> Should not be hard to find.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: