Re: [Chrysler300] Integrated LED dash light unit?

Re: [Chrysler300] Integrated LED dash light unit?

These bulb sockets
Are available on E/Bay
Multiple vendors cheap.

Bob Haag

On Sep 22, 2020, at 6:08 PM, 'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Keith:

I’ve found that continuity on the board can be lost at the point the pin connects to the copper circuitry.  The pins have a base that protrudes over the mounting hole to contact the copper.  The base of the hollow brass pin penetrates the circuit board and is then splayed to fasten it in place—like a rivet.  Continuity of a loose pin may be regained by cleaning the contact point and/or tightening the pin by “re-splaying” the bottom of the pin base—using a pointed punch or large nail.  If the turn signal bulbs in the bumper sockets work but the indicator light does not, it is more likely a continuity problem on the board.  I’ve also scuffed the copper circuitry at the bulb locations with Scotchbrite pads to improve the continuity to the bulb holder.  There are two different types of bulb holders.  One holds a two-pin base bulb and the other holds the baseless “peanut” bulb.  Both types require good contact with the bulb.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA