RE: [Chrysler300] Re 14 inch wheels for 1960 chrysler

RE: [Chrysler300] Re 14 inch wheels for 1960 chrysler

I think I followed most of this thread but don’t recall seeing a summary of which Chryslers what wheels came on in 1964.  So, here is a summary from the 1964 Service Technical Manual—complete with a couple of likely errors*.

ITEM

NEWPORTs

300’s

300K-HI-PERF’s

NEW YORKER’s

SALON’s

IMPERIAL’s

WHEELS

14x5-1/2K

14x6K

15x6K*

14x6K

14x6-1/2K

15x6L

SPECIAL

14x6K

N.A.

N.A.

N.A.

N.A.

T&C

14x6K

--

14x6-1/2K

--

--

STUD HOLD                CIRCLE

4-1/2”

4-1/2”

4-1/2”

4-1/2”

4-1/4”*     (4-1/2”)

5-1/2”

TIRES

8.00x14

8.00x14

7.60x15*

8.50x14

9.00x14

8.20x15

  SPECIAL

8.50x14

8.50x14

(1963 J size)

9.00x14

N.A.

--

I understand the 300K “High Performance” cars came with 8.50x14’s on 14x5 ½” wheels, not 15”.

So, look for wider wheels on NY’s, Salons, and NY T&C’s.

I never heard of the term Stud Hold Circle but perhaps that is the proper term for Bolt Circle.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA