RE: [Chrysler300] 1955-56 Cross U-Joint

Everything will be left stock. I already found the housing and kit for the front ball + trunnion. The cross u-joint is out there somewhere. The ghost of Frank Mitchell has them for around 130. Too much for me.

Ron

From: John Grady [mailto:jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 8:58 PM
To: Ron Waters
Cc: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Hyde Jamie
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1955-56 Cross U-Joint

While not sure same situation  in 56 , I went crazy looking for “ the small “ u joint
For 8 3/4 axle . For a 57!  Could not find it , except huge rip off price on eBay  . Like 200 . Ended up changing yoke to later stronger one , it fits 8 3/4 within a pinion  diameter ( same diameter 57!pinion was used later with larger , common u joint )   . Yoke a little pricey ( 85 or 100) new, but bigger u joint and best of all the driveshaft side is already the right size ! Awwright .  Gets you a new seal too !

Sent from my iPhone not by choice