Re: [Chrysler300] Tom Turners Terra Cotta F coupe for sale

Re: [Chrysler300] Tom Turners Terra Cotta F coupe for sale

There are multiple eBay sniping services which do just that, and they do it for any client who is signed up with them, which might be several. In such a case, the client with the highest maximum bid wins. It’s all done by computer, so one client doesn’t know what the other client's maximum bid is. But all of that’s applicable to eBay, not to Bring a Trailer. BaT resets the clock to two minutes after each bid, so sniping is eliminated. Each bidder has plenty of time to decide if he wants to increase his bid, and since the clock gets reset to two minutes, there is no incentive to wait until the last few seconds.

Unfortunately (in my opinion) the terra-cotta F only reached $43,250, and did not meet its reserve. The general consensus of the opinions in the comments was that that was way too low, and personally I agree. From what I’ve seen, sometimes cars on BaT bring all the money, and I’m surprised at the high level of bidding.. Other times, for inexplicable reasons, the bidding seems to remain low. What’s really amazing to me is when a seller lists a $100,000 plus car at no reserve, and just takes a chance. I’ve seen some no reserve auctions result in incredible bargains, and others go off for what seems unrealistically high. I guess you could say the same about the big televised auctions, like Barrett Jackson. It all depends on who’s watching, and who’s bidding.

I was glad to see that there was a lot of love for letter cars expressed in the comments, even though no one stepped up and pulled the trigger on a more reasonable bid. The car still might get sold, though, because the seller is given the high bidder‘s contact information, and they might work out a private deal. In that case, no buyers premium is due to BaT. If not, I hope the owner of the F has better luck in another venue.

Shannon Steele
300F convertible

"Kindness to animals may be the best measure of a person's character."