Re: [Chrysler300] Accelerator linkage - G

Re: [Chrysler300] Accelerator linkage - G

Critical to this working is the setup of the pedal angle and bellcrank location at zero ( the locking rod you pass through the F bell crank holes) ; 57 does not have those set up holes , and I recently have had a self inflicted big hassle by “setting pedal right per FSM “ but bell crank was ( unknown to me, due to length  of “ as it was” pedal  rod, ) off a lot . That led to fighting with kickdown linkage end points when carb end points happen . I had to try to adjust trans by obvious slide adjustment near trans lever  which you are not supposed to do (found all this out after the fact of working on this .. someone else had taken all this apart   , including slide  ) it is surprisingly fussy . Link into trans lever was upside down , another pitfall , bushing goes in from above , washer and cotter below . Wide part of bushing on top ; it is unstable the other way .
The info I found  was in a TSB about carter carb “recall”work on 300c . In it, On C , the part of bell crank that pushes forward to open carb , “ should be about 1” from firewall at idle  -   If all is adjusted right “ Not sure if that carries to F , but mine was almost touching firewall and sort of worked . But trans lever movements not right . Conflicting setup stories too ,FSM talks of using trans lever forward (idle)position to adjust by threaded end at bell crank , at idle, but then it did not go enough rearwards for kickdown   , —-but carb was open all the way . If you adjust slider , you lose idle stop end but even worse  nut on slider hits trans lever before end of lever  WOT travel— led to second point I did not know about , there are two different length CI trans levers, one about    3” one about 2 1/4” ; the latter usually associated with 2 bbl apparently .  Trans shops might have mixed  them.   I like design as pedal stuff, trans stuff and carb stuff are independent — if bell crank is right   At idle.  Why they added those starting holes later, I think . Otherwise you can go crazy with all the variables . Did not know that fire wall bell crank “ centering” first — was critical .. Much easier than fighting later mopar ones with carb to trans link directly and — on only some — a spring in them.(?another discourse -have never gotten a rational explanation of spring or not)!
I know not exactly your question , but to set up correctly  involves more than it looks like .But you are   lucky— younhave the holes !
I think FSM has a picture of ram linkage ? Check that out  , bell crank on firewall to rams.

Sent from my iPhone not by choice