Re: [Chrysler300] 300-K hubcap problem.

Good Morning Pete,
I remember following Don Nissen in his beautiful K convertible, back at our St Louis Meet a number of years ago. As he turned a corner, he threw a hubcap. Don said this had happened to him before. This was at low speed, so no hubcap damage. I recall the discussion back then was that Chrysler had cheapened the ‘64 hubcaps - lighter weight metal? fewer ‘teeth’? - and this was a fairly common problem that year.
Carefully opening the ‘teeth’, as Dan mentions, should hopefully help. With my long distance driving, I also add black paint every year to my F’s wheels where the teeth grab. Over the years, I’ve only lost one hubcap - to a monster pothole on southbound I-65, south of Indy on the way to our Lynchburg Meet.
Noel

Sent from my iPhone