RE: [Chrysler300] I gotta vent

55-6 tanks are vented off the filler tube. 57-9 are not vented. So you need a vented gas cap for these later tanks.

Ron

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Bob Merritt' bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:47 PM
To: Chrysler 300 List
Subject: [Chrysler300] I gotta vent

What is the point of vented gas caps?

Every gas tank has a vent tube,
so why vent the gas cap as well?

To confuse further, not all letter car years have vented caps.

A quick check and I find 56, 57 have non vented caps
so I'd venture to say 55-59 have non-vented
caps. This might be because the filler necks are so high above the
fuel tanks.
With that thought,
the low profile gas tanks that came out in 1960 likely have
vented caps. A quick check of 1962 and 64 says caps are vented
so I'd venture 60-65 are vents.

What say you?

Posted by: "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>