From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of EMills_ATC millserat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: June 4, 2019 4:15 PM
To: Curtis Roys; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] A/C work or parts for 65 300

More availability of 15 inch but what would you use for wheels?

Biggest current production 14 is P215/75R14 Hankook Optimo H724 Narrow Whitewall - equivalent of 8.25-14 bias ply. One size smaller than 8.55-14 most likely OE size. But radial - still has enough load capacity.

P225/75R15 best equivalent 15 inch size to original 8.55-14. Toyo Extensa A/S, Hankook H724, Nexen AH5, maybe still Cooper Trtendsetter A/S in whitewalls. More still if you want blackwalls - including Kuhmo.

More still if you go up to P235/75R15 closest to 8.85-14 if you had upsized OE tires. I think there are even Michelin in this size.

As to wheels, the 15 inch Road wheels used on 1970-75 full size Chryslers fit - or the 15 inch Rallye wheels from the 69-up B-bodies would work. Either is a matter of taste - neither are optimum in appearance on 1965 C-body in my opinion - but I have a 65 300L sitting on the 70 full size Road wheels and it looks OK.

Other good option in my opinion is American Racing 5-spoke 15x6 or 15x7 "mags". They are 67-70 vintage after market that could easily have found their way onto a 1965 car. Personally I would go blackwalls with the "mags"

Best, Ed

Edward Mills Antique Tractors 1930-1960 Antique Cars 1960-1985