From: "dverity@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 4/21/19 7:20 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Ryan Hill <ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxx>, John Holst <jholst@xxxxxxxxx>, Noel Hastalis <cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Chrysler 300 List <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MiltonKarahadian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Parts Request

The upper trim clips for the quarter panels are almost identical to those from 66 Imperial. The other ones are specific to 65 Chrysler and 300 L. I had to modify some generic clips to attach the moldings on the lower doors and quarters. They have a stud and nut arrangement, so you have to get at the back side to install. The originals are not available.
Don

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 5:06 PM

Unless Gary updated his catalogue in the past few years, I wouldn't expect to find those clips or accompanying pins for exterior SS trim there. These parts are like hens teeth. I managed to acquire just enough to complete my '65 300 by salvaging what I could save from three or four separate cars. If you're careful when taking the car apart, you have to push the pins back out from the inside. Some aren't accessible from behind and need to be drilled (sacrificed) to save the clip itself.

There is a company called Mr. G's Enterprises that I managed to buy some pins (and possibly clips) that were close, this was at least 15 years ago. You have to mic the pins and verify what you need before starting your search. There may be other sources out there now but unless these pieces are interchangeable with many other cars, it's not likely. The lower trim is easier to solve than the uppers and the clips at the window bases are also a pain. Most of the pins there have to be drilled.

Ryan Hill