From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of 'william ELDER' belder@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:14 AM
To: 'Val Jeffers' <edward1108@xxxxxxxxx>; 'Chrysler 300 List' <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] G Engine

All:

I cannot speak to the 413 engines. I started my career at Chryslers in the old Windsor Engine Plant, in the summer of 1971. I was there for the start of the 360 engines. Windsor machined all of the raw castings for those engines, including blocks, cranks, cams, pistons, rods and both intake and exhaust manifolds. As the tooling wore down during the machining process, the tolerances varied. I don’t mean out of spec; but ranged from the allowed minimum to maximum. When it came to assembling the engines the components that went into severe duty engines, hi-po, police interceptor, 360 truck engines etc. all received parts that were as close to the base line specs as possible. I would hope that all of the old performance engines received similar care.

300ly

bill