[Chrysler300] Exhaust spec questions 300B/300D HiPo

[Chrysler300] Exhaust spec questions 300B/300D HiPo

Hello all,

I am gearing up to replace the exhaust in my 300B, and I've decided to source a set of 354 Hemi truck manifolds with the 2.5" 4-bolt flange.  But, now I am wondering how to do the rest of the system.

Before I decided to go this route, I talked to Waldron's about an OE correct exhaust.  This was their response:

"On a 1956 Chrysler 300B, we cannot offer an OE correct system from front to back since the aftermarket companies never reproduced the exhaust pipes for the 300B. We have OE specs on the mufflers (which are 2¼” ID on the inlet and 2”ID on the outlet and yes, larger pipe diameter than the NY) and tailpipes. The exhaust pipes that we use as patterns for the 300B start out in 2” and the last 8” (approximately) increase to 2¼”."

So, according to these OE specs, the standard exhaust steps down in size through the muffler.  And, I know that unless you are making a dragster, you want a little backpressure... so I am assuming that I should probably not do 2.5" the whole way.

To settle this dilemma, was thinking I would model this exhaust after the 300D HiPo cars that came equipped with the 4-bolt manifolds from the factory.  If they used 2.5" the whole way, I'll do the same on the B.  But this info is proving not so easy to come by.  So here is my question:  Can anyone direct me to a resource or have the info themselves regarding the exhaust specs on a car with factory 4-bolt flange exhaust manifolds?

Thanks!

Justin

Posted by: captjj28@xxxxxxxxxxx