[Chrysler300] Dallas Spring Meet

Hello 300’ly to all!
	The agenda is finalized for the Dalllas Spring Meet.  As most of you are aware, the host hotel is the Best Western Lewisville-Coppell Hotel in Lewisville Texas, a suburb of Dallas-Fort Worth.  It is only 20 minutes from DFW Airport and about 12 miles from downtown Dallas.  The meet  will be held from April 28-May 2, 2019.  Room rental includes complete hot breakfast each day.  The host hotel management has agreed to allow the club rate to be given for a night’s stay before the meet starts and for a night after the meet ends (4/27 and 5/2).  Breakfast will not be included with the club rate however for the extra 2 days.  We have a block of 30 rooms initially allocated for the club rate.  If demand exceeds the number in this block prior to April 6th, we have a good chance of adding more rooms to our block if they are available.  If not then if a large block of more rooms is required then possibly an overflow hotel can be arranged. Plenty of parking is available for the cars and trailers and tow vehicles.
	On Monday the 29th we will journey to South Fork Ranch, the site where the TV series “Dallas” was filmed for over 10 years.  We will tour the ranch and the “Dallas” show Museum with our own “Ewing BBQ” for lunch!  Please no throwing any BBQ attendees in the pool!  After lunch we will head to Amos Minter’s 55-57 Thunderbird restoration showroom and shop for a visit.   All you BJ Auction fans know the quality of Minter’s restorations and we are fortunate to be able to see them up closer than at the auctions.  Following the T-Bird extravaganza we will proceed to visit a private collection of one of two prominent Dallas-Fort Worth area collectors. Dinner will be on your own.  Business meeting will be at 8:00 pm.
	On Tuesday April 30th, we will start the day by driving to a train shuttle close to the host hotel and get on the train into Dealey Plaza in Dallas to tour the Sixth Floor Museum and JFK Assassination exhibit.  Lunch this day will be on your own. Now comes bucket list priority time!  The club as been donated the fee to rent the track at Texas Motor Speedway in nearby Grapevine from 3-7:00 pm!  Meet attendees will be for a fee able to tour the complete track environment, take a 3 lap ride in a pace car around the oval race track, and ...... have the option of going for a 4 lap ride in a NASCAR stock car driven by a NASCAR driving instructor at racing speeds!!! If you ever contemplated riding in a NASCAR race car or even thought of what it must be like to be inside one during a race, this meet will provide you the opportunity to cross it off your bucket list!  We will provide instructions for any garment do’s and don’t’s for the race rides.  You will be provided and be required to wear all the apparel and equipment that the driver must wear for a race.  Liability insurance coverage is provided as well as all safety personnel and track equipment for the Pace car and NASCAR rides.  I did this ride 10 years ago at this track and can say it was better than the E-Ticket rides at Disneyland! Frankly it scared the daylights out of me  when approaching turn number one! We will be able to bring our cars to the Winner’s Circle at the track for a photo opportunity done on your own. Our cars will not be allowed to drive on the oval or infield tracks.   Dinner this night will be on your own.
	Wednesday, May 1st our car show will be at the Music Mall parking lot close to the host hotel from 10 to 4:00 pm.   Since this is a spring meet, only People’s Choice voting will be done for registered cars present.  The Awards Banquet will follow with at The Carvao  Brazilian Steakhouse in nearby Flower Mound starting at 6:30.  There will be a cash bar open for an hour before the dinner at the Carvao.
	Thursday, May 2nd after breakfast we say goodbye until we meet again for the Fall Meet in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
	So get the ‘Brutes ready and Come On Down to Dallas!!
														Rob Kern

Sent from my iPad

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional