[Chrysler300] Enclosed car trailer recommendations

---------- Original Message ----------
From: leslie miklas <ldmiklas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Roberta Cottrell randm291@xxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Roberta Cottrell <randm291@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 12, 2018 at 1:11 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Enclosed car trailer recommendations

1) Get the "heavier" axles - 12,000 GVW

2) Get  the "one piece" roof (No seams to leak)
3) Get a large "escape door" on drivers side (Don't even consider not getting the door if you are hauling 300s)
3) If you are considering hauling a golf cart along with the car to shows , get the wider "Man door". You can drive the cart up ramps and       park it sideways in front of the 300.
4) You can get interior lights above and at floor level. They really come in handy when strapping down the car after dusk.
5) A finished interior is nice. If you plan on keeping the trailer a while, you will long forget the additional cost and will be glad you got            it.
6) A linoleum floor will melt/disfigure if you park the car with hot tires. They make an aluminum non-skid strip  just large enough for              the  tires to drive in and sit on.
7) Get the battery and charging kit for the break away emergency stop.
8) A nice feature is the spare tire well in the floor. The inside side mount is a hassle when loading 300s. B-bodies not so much.
9) A roof vent is a nice feature if the trailer will be sitting long periods in the sun.
10) Rear jacks are nice if you dont want to hook up the truck to load and unload. Get the side mount jacks that telescope down. The              jacks that mount underneath will perish the first time you encounter a sloping driveway.

I bought a new U S CARGO  28' trailer in 1993 and it has been trouble free. It is large enough to hold any 300 plus a workbench and has room to park the golf cart in between.

Good luck with your purchase !

Jeff Miklas