[Chrysler300] 1955 Power Brake Booster and Master Cylinder

[Chrysler300] 1955 Power Brake Booster and Master Cylinder

Hey Everyone -

I have a non-operating 1955 power brake booster. This is a one-year-only setup that is found on the C300 as well as other Mopars of that year.

I removed the assembly from the firewall for repair. When I separated the master cylinder from the booster, brake fluid poured out of the rear bore of the master. There was also some brake fluid inside the rear of the booster. I was told that that was correct due to the design of the setup. I'm scratching my head on that. Any thoughts on this ?

Side Note: The rebuild kit for the power brake unit is available from Harmon Classic Brakes (https://harmonclassicbrakes.com/).

Ron

Posted by: "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>