Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 62 413 fuel pump push rod

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 62 413 fuel pump push rod

While just an opinion , it took a long time to wear down and any fine particles would either be caught in the oil filter , sink to bottom of pan or be way too small to matter if it got by the filter . The problem is insufficient hardening of the rod as I understand it so the cam should be fine . If pump works with new rod ( and it will !99% ) you are ok . Change oil warm and filter , get a really good filter . I saw a dissection of filters in a Mopar  service publication, a lot of them are junk . Surprisingly a real mopar filter is very good . Very well made. That is motivated by cleaning the oil perfectly to avoid modern engine warrantee claims . .
On the rod — get real quality . I think milodon ( oil pumps) makes one ? Or I may be mixing up the oil pump drive, another heat treat problem in 62-63 ( why max wedges lost oil pressure often) ..I was there . Tip breaks off it . Nice . No warrantee on them either .

Sent from my iPhone