Re: [Chrysler300] Coker Tires way past 'best before date'

Re: [Chrysler300] Coker Tires way past 'best before date'

I just looked back in my email archives and I note that I was in conversation with Bill Chapman, the owner of Diamond Back, over five years ago regarding big 14" tires. Bill assured me their Thailand production and market debut was just around the corner, and with just a little patience we would soon be able to order them. I would occasionally contact Bill to check on progress.

Not long after that, political turmoil in Thailand was said to be thwarting current chances for production. Then the politics settled down there, but one reason and another always held off production just a little longer, yet I was assured that truly these 27.5" D - and eventually even the 28.5" D tire we really lust after - would soon be in stock at Diamond Back. Just please be patient a few more months.I finally grew weary of the same story over and over, and I haven't called for Bill in maybe a year now. Sounds like the story line has now been passed to James. So many of us wish it could be believed, but I no longer believe it to be a possibility worth waiting at all for.

It might be more fruitful for a for a posse of 14" tire fans to approach Corky Coker and lay out the problem to him in very serious terms. Is the Coker Tire Co. aware their tires fail so often and so catastrophically? Do they understand the reason they do and what in their production process can be corrected?  It seems a little incredible to me that Coker would actually be satisfied with offering a poor product that simply looks good - but is an utter failure in serving its intended purpose. Would they be willing, for a price, to step up their game and produce a well-built tire that could perform safely at highway speeds?

Does anyone in our 300 Club have a connection to Corky Coker, or anyone else in a managing position at Coker Tire, that could be used to begin a conversation with them on the subject?

Keith Boonstra