A couple of decades ago I bought a Corvair unit from Hemmings just because it's neat. I still have it on a shelf and it would be fun to mount in a daily winter driver some day.

Keith Boonstra
-

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 5:39 PM, John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had a friend with one of these in some Mopar around 58? ? ?? Dodge wagon, used for towing/camping. It was later disconnected, as they were known to catch fire or misfire when older(this one did not, but had issues at times)   ; I vaguely remember it had a sparkplug on it ….

John g

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Keith Boonstra kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 4:45 PM
To: Val Jeffers
Cc: Chrysler 300 List
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Kerosene Heater

Those were actually gasoline instant heaters - Model 801 for 1957, and Model 803 for 1958. I have no idea how common they were, or what climate area they were more prevalently sold in, but I think they were rarely sold for whatever reason.

Had an essentially similar one of those in a brand new 1960 Corvair back in the day and loved it in blizzard season here. It may even have tipped the balance in my favor when I was dating my wife.

Keith Boonstra

-