On my C the body shop took the front clip and the body off first. The engine/trans came out no problem. But that's cheating.

Keith Boonstra
-

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:25 PM, 'John Grady' jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Observation?

It would seem far easier (unlike flex plate setups) to just pull the trans gearbox part first, then take out engine and converter and bell housing? You do not have this choice on 727,etc. Don V correctly pointed out to me that the old CI Torqueflight is not designed to carry the converter on the nose of trans, which the 727 is designed to do. Not advising, not an expert, but dealing with this same question right now on a 57. Remember , 727 does not split behind the bell, but G does. .easily . And you do not have to undo all those crank bolts in a very tight place. Problem with all at once is you not only need a block tilting screw setup, to tilt it a LOT , you need a LOT of height over the car --more than most engine lifts can do? And tail can drag on floor before you get there. .

Let us know how you do; others who have done it might chime in too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of 'Richard Vitek' rpvitek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:23 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 300G Motor Removal

I believe the FSM has removal of the engine with the trans as a unit. Removal of the engine only is not that tricky but does require removal of the eight nuts holding the crank flange onto the torque converter and the harder job of reattaching them on installation.

Hello All,

We are debating about removing the motor and doing a full motor restoration.. Anyone know of any literature with detailed steps on removing the 300G motor?

Thanks,

David

Yahoo Groups Links

Posted by: Keith Boonstra <kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>