[Chrysler300] 300D gas tank question

Hi all:

Years ago I replaced the sender unit on my F.  When comparing the new one with the old one, I found that the range of movement and ohmic readings were not the same.  The unit was manufactured by a company in MA.  I drew a to-scale front to back cross section sketch of the tank at the sender unit, laid the new unit on the sketch, moved the float througn its range on the sketch, and bent the new rod to read the correct ohmic measurements.  The result is that my sender unit gives a reasonably accurate reading of the fuel remaining in the tank, but, since most of my driving is long distance and get about 10 mpg at 70 mph, I normally find a gas station and pit stop at about 170 miles.  Good distance to stretch legs also and fill the tummy.

Dan Reitz